Design and Construct
Don't have the time or know-how to navigate the design or pre-construction phase? Want someone to do it all for you? Don't worry, at HMA we now offer a Design and Construct service. Our team is ready to do all the hard work for you. Lead by builder Paul, and using our team of architects, draftspeople, surveyors, and engineers, we can organise the whole pre-construction phase for you and take you right through to the end of your build.
- Project Assessment. Paul will meet you on-site to discuss your vision for your project, required commencement/completion dates, budget etc.
- Feasibility. We gather all appropriate information, explore ideas and designs that address your brief, investigate the regulations of your relevant local authority.
- Design and preparation for submission to council. Preparation of a full set of DA or CDC drawings, structural engineering plans, stormwater certificate, basic cost estimate etc then submission to council.
- Finalisation of plans in preparation for certifier. Once planning approval has been obtained we submit to the certifier.
- Construction Documentation and Interior Desgin. This stage involves further drawings and specifications including joinery plans/finishes schedule/kitchen and bathroom design as requested.
- Fixed Price Cost Analysis. We prepare a detailed fixed price costing based on all documents.
- Contracts. Contracts are prepared for you to sign. We use a HIA contract.
- Construction. We keep you updated via phone and email, along with regular site visits
so you can see your home come to life.
- Handover. We carry out a detailed inspection of works and rectify anything that needs
attention before final acceptance and occupation.
- Maintenance period. We attend to any issues that require attention during the defects
- Enjoy your dream home!
Why choose us for Design and Construct
Often we hear stories of clients who have had their plans drawn up and sent to council, however they have not passed council regulations. Or stories of plans which have been through council and approved, however once quotes have come in they are well and truly over budget.
With our design and construct service, these things don't happen. Paul liaises with our draftsman and architect all the way through the design phase, ensuring the design is within budget and within council regulations.
Then, in the Fixed Price Cost Analysis stage, we use all the documentation produced to send to our suppliers and contractors. We shop around for the best pricing and do a detailed take off to produce an accurate fixed cost to carry out the build. Ensuring there are no huge surprises at the end.